LSS Life Safety Services ® performs a wide range of life safety services such as fireproofing and fire rating materials for both commercial and industrial applications. We are able to fire-rate structural steel, decking, tube steel, tank legs, and vessels. LSS is an approved applicator for the
fire-resistant products by Isolatek & Cafco.
LSS has the ability to fire rate unconventional substrates such as wood joists, fiberglass panels, plaster walls, spray applied foam, tin ceiling panels, upgrade gypsum systems, and many more assemblies for the commercial building industry. We can aid in choosing the correct and most cost-effective method of fire rating a structure or component.
With the ever-changing regulations concerning passive fire protection, it is necessary to have a qualified professional contractor to rely on during these projects. LSS is increasingly called upon by architects and facility engineers to assist in the evaluation and planning of fireproofing for their facilities.
Fireproofing Installation Applications
- High-Rise Product
- Steel-framed high-rise buildings, as defined in Chapter 2 of the 2012 International Building Code (IBC), must be protected with Applied Fireproofing that is capable of achieving minimum bond strength requirements established in IBC Table 403.2.4. LSS Life Safety Services has an array of fireproofing products to meet these demands while delivering superior thermal performance, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Commercial / Low Density
- The family of Commercial Density Spray-Applied Fire Resistive Materials are designed to cover a full range of concealed fireproofing environments. Sometimes referred to as Low-Density SFRM, this comprehensive product line includes both Dry and Wet Spray products, each with distinct uses and advantages
- Medium Density
- Medium Density SFRMs are designed to cover a full range of exposed, high-traffic applications. Durable portland cement-based formulations provide exceptional physical performance which meets or exceeds industry in-place performance standards. Our Medium Density product line includes both Dry and Wet Spray products, each with distinct uses and advantages.
- High Density
- High-Density Spray-applied Fire Resistive Material (SFRM) is the most rigorously tested product in the industry. It is designed to cover a full range of applications requiring superior thermal performance and exceptional durability.
- Intumescent Coatings
- This family of thin-film water-based Intumescent coatings provides designers the flexibility to showcase exposed structural steel. The product line allows designers and architects to obtain a smooth, aesthetically pleasing, and durable finish, along with the required fire protection, while allowing them to realize their visions in steel.
- Rigid Board
- Rigid Board is the ultimate fireproofing problem solver, overcoming a wide range of challenges including out-of-sequence construction phases, space constraints, freezing weather conditions, and construction roof traffic.