Fire Damper and Smoke Damper Repair and Installation
According to LSS statistics, on average, nearly 22% of dampers fail during a routine fire and smoke damper inspection. So, it is not uncommon to have a list of deficient dampers that are in need of repairs after facility performance testing. LSS’ technicians are familiar with the many damper makes and models that are currently in use across the U.S. and Canada. The technicians have also fulfilled extensive damper repair training with major industry manufacturers such as Belimo, Lloyds, Ruskin and Greenheck. Life Safety Services® can provide the peace of mind unlike any other company when it comes to fire and smoke damper repairs and installation.
Damper Repairs and Code Requirements
The NFPA states that should a damper be found deficient during routine maintenance and inspection, repair should begin as soon as possible. Per requirements of NFPA 80 and NFPA 105, LSS can ensure your dampers are working properly and are code compliant. Damper repair services include:
- Smoke damper and combination fire/smoke damper actuator replacement
- Fire damper installation
- Smoke damper installation
- Combination fire/smoke damper installation
- Damper repairs
- Adjustments to damper linkage
- Servicing internal components to allow closure
- Repairs to damper tracks that are binding and prohibiting closure
- Repairing broken tabs on damper
- Access door installation, both sheet metal and hard ceiling access
- Web-based reporting software via LSS Site Surveyor® with before and after photos and additional information about the repair
It is important to stay in compliance with the local and state building codes. Therefore, contract with the company that is an expert in passive fire protection systems. For more information about fire and smoke damper repairs or to learn more about damper inspections, contact us today.