UVC Light Disinfection Wand – SterilWand
Safer, Healthier Rooms Start With A UVC Wand
The UVC Light Disinfection Wand packages UVC technology in a versatile, hand-held device designed to deactivate surface mold, bacteria, viruses and yeast. This wand is ideal for food processing, healthcare, commercial and institutional environments.
Approved by the USDA and FDA for surface decontamination, UVC has long been known for its ability to control naturally occurring microbes. SterilWand is suitable for a variety of specialized uses for surface decontamination and mold remediation:
- Food preparation, processing and packaging areas to reduce pathogens such Coliform, Salmonella, E. coli, Staphylococcus, Listeria
- Laboratories and cleanrooms to prevent cross-contamination
- Hard to reach and high-touch surfaces such keyboards, doorknobs, bedrails
- Libraries, to eradicate mold on book surfaces
Benefits Of Sterilwand
- Highest performance: Delivers the highest output germicidal UV
- Scientifically proven results: Uses the proven power of germicidal UV energy as an effective inactivation method for pathogens
- Safe and ozone-free: Uses no chemicals; produces no ozone or other toxic contaminants
- Easy to Use: Flexibility to quickly bring the power of UVC where and when you need it
- Manages Risk: Improved environmental hygiene means improved clinical outcomes, reduced cross-contamination
Is UVC lamp output important?
Output is critical because it determines the effectiveness of the designed solution. To effectively clean coils and eliminate biofilm, a UVC device should provide a minimum of 1,225 µW/cm2 of energy striking any point on the coil face of the HVAC on day one and a minimum of 750 µW/cm2 of energy striking any point on the coil face on day 365.
How do you know when to change the UVC Emitters?
For large or critical applications, change out should be performed after about 9,000 hours or 12 months
Does it produce ozone?
No, Steril-Aire devices do not produce ozone or other secondary contaminants
How do you dispose of the used UVC Emitters?
Dispose of them as you would any fluorescent tubes, in compliance with your country, local or state codes
What is the warranty?
The UVC Emitters are warranted for 1 year (9,000 hours).
Can UVC for HVAC contribute to LEED points?
The use of Steril-Aire UVC may contribute to LEED points across multiple project types in one or more of the following areas: Energy and Atmosphere, Water Efficiency, Indoor Environmental Quality, Innovation & Design Process and Regional Priorities
Please see our Return Policy here.