Skilled Nursing Facility
LSS was contract by a skilled nursing facilty for Fire Door Certification. They had been cited by CMS for missing 30 fire door labels and 15 fire door frame labels. The facility was give 45 days by CMS to have the issues resolved.
How LSS Helped the Client:
- Helped the facility meeting the 45 Day deadline provided by CMS in the citation (K-Tag), and avoid further penalties and/or fines.
- Verified that the fire doors and frames in their facility did meet International Building Code (IBC), NFPA, CMS, and The Joint Commission Guidelines for fire rating doors that are to be installed in rated fire barriers.
Industries We Serve
- LSS is approved by ANAB and ISO to re-certify and label fire rated openings (doors and frames) to attest to the openings’ original fire resistant rating (e.g. 45 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes, etc.).
- LSS deployed one of their ANAB/ISO approved field labeling surveyors to the facility to review the doors and frames with the missing labels to determine if the openings qualified for re-certification.
- LSS was able to re-certify all of the doors (30), and frames (15) with new fire rated labels and meet the deadline provided by CMS.
- Fire Door Certification / Re-Labeling