Multi-Site Veteran Affairs Medical Centers
LSS was contract by a VISN (i.e. Region) of the Department of Veteran Affairs to provide Fire Door Inspection Training to their staff of 25 Field Technicians, from 6 different VA Medical Centers throughout the Southwestern United States.
How LSS Helped the Client:
- Helped VAMC train technicians for 6 facilities in one setting, allowing the VA to save time and money.
- Provided the Department of Veteran’s Affairs the flexibility to inspect fire doors in-house or contract out, thus giving the government more budget options.
- Allowed the VA to have a large group of field technicians to meet the NFPA Requirements to service and inspect fire rated openings.
Industries We Serve
- LSS provided a 3-Day Classroom Training Program:
- Day 1 – Detailed Code Training, reviewing NFPA 80, 105, and 101
- Day 2 – Detailed Review of Ninety (90) Points to Inspected on a Fire Rated Opening
- Day 3 – Hands-On Training in the Field to allow trainees to inspect Fire Rated Openings themselves
- Post trainee, LSS provided each class participant with a “Certificate of Completion”, to provide the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ), such as CMS or The Joint Commission, to demonstration that the meet the NFPA requirement of having sufficient knowledge to perform fire door inspections.
- Fire Door Training of Staff