Assisted Living Facility
LSS California Account Manager having established a relationship with the facility manager of an assisted living facility in Central California, had helped the client with multiple services (fire door inspections, fire damper repairs), and in discussion with the client determine that the client was concerned that they lacked an emergency preparedness plan, which was a concern for multiple reasons, certainly earthquakes given the location of the facility, but overall given the facility’s patient population. LSS was able to contract with the facility and deployed one of our consultants to the facility to help the client develop the emergency preparedness plan.
How LSS Helped the Client:
- By assisted the facility manager in preparing an Emergency Preparedness Plan, the residents and staff of the Assisted Living facility are now much safer in the event of an emergency.
- Key areas of concern, duties, standard operating procedures, and education was implemented to allow the staff of the facility to address an emergency in an orderly and knowledge fashion during an emergency, thus increasing the likelihood that residents are kept safe and out of harm’s way.
Industries We Serve
- Pre-Emergency Assessment – Evaluate the facility’s potential vulnerabilities, review existing plans, policies and procedures, determine communications systems in-place, determine available emergency warning system, assess the viability of the emergency generators, determine inventory of 7 to 10 days of food and potable water supply, schedule employee training and education sessions, schedule regular interval emergency drills (e.g. fire drills), develop standard operating procedures (“SOP”) that occurring in the event of an emergency, and develop plan to relocate residents/patients in the event of a disaster.
- Preparedness and Response – Develop procedures for staff to follow upon a warning of an emergency; Notification of staff and initiation of plan, initiation of emergency routes, emergency communication, completion of task developed in the emergency preparedness documentation, request for assistance from local government jurisdictions, protection of patient records, and numerous other items covered in detail in the EP.
- Recovery – Immediately following the emergency implement actions to initiate recovery; assess impact on the facility, coordinate recovery operations with local agencies, provide crisis counseling, provide local authorities list of displaced, injured or dead, to notify next of kin, and if applicable arrange for temporary housing for residents/patients.
- Emergency Preparedness