Assisted Living Home
LSS was contracted to perform fire door inspections and remediation project for an assisted living facility. The facility had never had a complete fire door inspection, so needed a complete inventory completed, then an inspection to be in compliance with NFPA 80, 105, and 101, as well as CMS compliance. Given that the fire doors had never been inspected, the facility anticipated a significant number of repairs, and wanted LSS to quickly turnaround a repair team to remediate the doors and keep their facility in compliance.
How LSS Helped the Client:
- LSS’ fire door inspections and repairs put the facility’s doors in compliance with NFPA 80, NFPA 105, NFPA 101, and CMS for the first time.
- LSS by having inspectors, repair technicians, and being an ANSI / ISO Certified fire door labeling company provided the client one source for all fire door needs; saving the client time, money, and continuity of service.
- Leaving the client with functioning fire doors, made the facility overall safer for the residents and staff in the event of a fire, or an emergency where the doors are a critical part of the means of egress.
Industries We Serve
- LSS performed a complete inventory of the fire rated doors for the facility, providing the client with their first fire door inventory. The inventory included barcoding each door, mapping the doors on a set of drawings, and numbering each door for future inventory purposes.
- LSS’ fire door inspection team performed a detailed inspection of each fire door based on current NFPA 80, 105, and 101 standards to determine the level of compliance for each fire rated opening. The fire doors had never been inspected prior to this inspection, so the majority of the doors were out of compliance. The findings were as follows:
- Total Fire Doors Inspected: 62
- Total Fire Doors Non-Compliant: 48
- Total Fire Doors Missing Rating Labels (Frame or Door): 22
- Based on the findings of the inspection LSS provided the client with a proposal to remediate the doors and to re-certify the doors with missing labels. The client quickly approved the proposal to put their doors into compliance.
- LSS deployed a repair team to the site to perform a myriad of door repairs. Repairs included, replacement of door components (e.g. panic hardware, closers, astragals, hinges), adjusting non-compliant gaps, and minor repairs such as filling holes in the doors. The repairs also including major repairs such as complete door replacement.
- LSS is also an ANSI / ISO 1702 Certified Door Labeling Company, therefore we were able to deploy a team to re-certify the 22 doors/frames that needed recertification.
- Fire Door Inspection
- Fire Door Repair