Field Position (remote, GA, NC, SC or FL)
LSS is searching for a South-East Division Manager, preferably residing in central GA, but neighboring states will be considered as well. We are a seeking a safety-focused, efficiency-minded, driven and dedicated person to become a member of our team.
The individual who assumes this role must be a strong leader with experience managing a large team of remote employees in a region that covers several states. The Division Manager is responsible for profitability, customer service/satisfaction, training, maximization of technician production, and achieving overall company goals. The Division Manager will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for achieving division and company productivity goals as they relate to overall labor and other goals as set forth by LSS’ management
- Responsible for quality control checks on the job site to ensure Field Technicians are meeting LSS’ quality demands
- Work with scheduling manager to ensure client needs are met and costs are minimized
- Provide daily reporting to Operations Leadership regarding ongoing projects in division, any needs or concerns, and correspondence with clients
- Manages and develops new business opportunities in conjunction with LSS’ corporate sales staff and regional account managers.
- Coordinates with Recruiting and Training personnel to meet hiring, training and recruiting needs in the division
- Provides daily leadership to Technicians performing work in your respective division
- Responsible for promoting installation and repair services directly to clients, along with Technician and sales reps to cross-sell services
- Contacting clients at minimum every other day while Field Technician is on-site.
- Coordinate with scheduling and sales reps any special needs before the project to ensure the client’s needs are met
- Complies with management reporting and communications as requested
- Informs client where project is in relation to the base bid
- Makes sure that Technicians are working adequate hours and arriving and departing on time (cross-verify during review and approval of Technician timesheets)
- Fosters a positive customer centric team mentality
- Demonstrates the company’s core values in every internal and external interaction
- Reinforces our high standards of excellence and doing things right the first time
- Holds technicians accountable for inefficiencies and avoidable rework
- Travels to meet with prospective clients as needed, as well as attend company meetings as required
- Ensure 100% client satisfaction
- Ability to read prints and direct a team’s productivity to prints
- Take steps to ensure safety is paramount throughout all phases of the project
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as manager of remote team of employees
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with owner(s), inspectors, our self-performance crew(s), subcontractors, and peers
- Demonstrated ability to prevent problems, identity emerging issues, and mitigate risks
- Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills
- Ability to excel with limited direction, solid multi-tasking and relationship-building skills.
- Oversee and utilize all safety regulations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities
- Must be able to travel up to 100 percent of the time
- Pass a drug screen, background check, and MVR
- Professional appearance
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license
About Life Safety Services:
LSS Life Safety Services® specializes in the inspection, installation and repair of fire and smoke dampers, fire doors and fire barrier management services in commercial facilities across the United States. Considered a leader in the fire safety industry, LSS Life Safety Services® is committed to providing commercial facilities with fire protection inspections of the highest quality to ensure compliance with NFPAs critical Life Safety Code®.
LSS Life Safety Services is among the fastest growing companies in the industry. Much of this success is attributed to our employees, who strive to demonstrate five core values every day: Dependable, Pride & Ownership of Work, Accountable, Problem Solving and Empathy & Respect. If you share these five values, join our team.