LSS was contracted by a nationally recognized luxury hotel brand to install Photoluminescent Egress Path Markings in the stairwells of their new hotel being constructed in Sarasota, Florida. Aside from from requirements in NFPA 101, and the 2012 International Building Code, the hotel had a “Green” Initiative and was seeking LEED Points to become a LEED Certified facility, and the installation of Photluminescent Egress Path Markings, provides an energy efficient way to provide a safe means of egress in the event of an emergency, while reducing energy cost.
How LSS Helped the Client:
- LSS helped the customer achieve the following LEED Credits
- EA Credit #1 – Energy and Atmosphere: Optimizing Energy Performance
- MR Credit #4 – Materials and Resources: Recycled Content
- ID Credit #1.1 – Innovation in Design: Exceptional Performance
- EA Credit #1 –Energy and Atmosphere: Optimizing Energy Performance
- Made the facility safer for the hotel occupants and staff in the event of an emergency.
- By reducing the need for LED powered electrical exit signs, will save the facility money over time.
Industries We Serve
- LSS installed Photoluminescent Egress Path Markings on the handrails and step edges of 30 story luxury hotel
- The hotel selected the higher end Photoluminescent product that has non-skid strips on the stair nosing, and is screwed into the stair nosing. This product has up to a 30 year lifespan, if not longer, opposed to the significantly less expensive Photoluminescent tape that many clients select, that needs replacement within five years or less (depending on traffic).
- Photoluminescent Egress Path Markings